BRUNSWICK AREA MODELERS
AMA CHARTER 2235
Brunswick Area Modelers
These bylaws are set forth to benefit all, should be honored by members and their guests. The name of the Club shall be “Brunswick Area Modelers” (BAM)
1. This club shall be chartered by Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), and shall abide its rules.
2. The fiscal year shall be January through December.
3. Yearly dues are: *$40.00 for Adults, age greater than 16 years, * $30.00, age greater than 65 years, *$50.00 Family membership living under same roof, * and $10.00 for Junior members age less than 16 years.
4. Officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be elected in December. They serve for one-year terms, which commence January 1.
5. Two club officers must jointly approve expenditures less than $400.00. Greater expenditures must be approved by club vote. Treasurer’s records shall document all expenditures and income.
6. Club meetings will be held the first Tuesday of every month at a site designated by the President. They normally commence at 7:00 PM October through April and 6:00 PM at the flying site May through September. The President may call for special meetings dealing with extenuating circumstances.
7. Meeting agenda shall be: * Call to order by President or other officer present in his absence, *Treasurer’s report, *Old business, *New business, *Other business or presentation, such as safety review, interesting subject, visiting dignitary, and Show and Tell.
8. All members who operate aircraft must be AMA members of good standing and follow AMA and Club Rules posted at the flying field. Associate members are not permitted to operate models unless they provide proof of AMA membership. Club roster will show membership status.
9. Any member may suggest bylaw changes during a regular meeting; after thorough discussion by those present the proposal (including wording) must be approved by two-thirds (2/3) members attending the subsequent meeting.
10. The club shall adopt and post local rules at the flying site(s). Club rules are designed to supplement not supersede AMA regulations.
11. The President shall appoint a Club Safety Officer who shall supervise flying safety, AMA and Club rules. The Safety Officer is permitted to “ground” any member in violation until a full presentation of the facts of the case can be presented to the membership for its disposition at the next club meeting.
12. Visitors may be permitted to fly as long as they can show AMA membership and the ability to completely control their aircraft. Our expectation is that guests operating more than seven (7) days should voluntarily join the club.
13. Club leadership shall issue a letter of caution to anyone who fails to comply with posted rules or operates in un-safe manner. A member who persists after receipt of a cautionary letter will be dropped from active role. Dues are not refunded.
14. Anyone who has been suspended may apply for re-instatement by written petition to the President assuring full compliance in all respects with the rules and regulations of the club. Members must vote for re-instatement and dues must be paid.
15. Club leadership may enact temporary rules for safety hazards or property damage prevention at any time. These rules are effective immediately and must be presented to the club membership at the next regular meeting for discussion and or enactment.
16. These Bylaws are amended and approved by a two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote at the meeting held on March 5, 2019.
(Updated February 2019)